On behalf of the Parents’ and Citizens’ Association (P&C), we would like to welcome you and your family to Milton State School. The P&C is involved in the following areas within the school:
TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON P&C ACTIVITIES, YOU CAN:
* Attend P&C meetings, held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm.
* Contact the P&C via email firstname.lastname@example.org
TUCKSHOP (phone 3514 6317)
* Located lower level of A block.
* Open Tuesday to Friday 8:15am to 2:00pm.
* Our main aim is to provide a healthy, varied menu for our children, while endeavouring to keep our prices as reasonable as possible.
* Lunch breaks are from 11:00am to 11.30pm and 1:00 to 1:50pm.
UNIFORM SHOP (phone 3514 6313)
* Located in the multi-purpose area.
* Email email@example.com for opening hours.
* The Grant and Fundraising Group support students and the school community by identifying fundraising opportunities and preparing applications for grant funding.
* If you would like to assist us in this area, please contact us on the above email address, leave your name and contact details.
* If you would like to contribute funds to our school community in the form of a donation or sponsorship, please contact us. Donations can be made on an anonymous basis.
* Items made for Mothers’ and Fathers’ Day stalls.
* Alternatively, if you would like to donate craft items, materials etc, it would be appreciated.
* Look for articles in newsletter.
* Operates during Terms 1 and 4, weekly on Friday nights.
* Competitors of all ages and standards compete in races for each stroke, aiming to improve on their personal bests and accrue points towards trophies at the end of the season.
* Gives students experience in the race conditions that they will face when competing for the school at District and Zone levels.
* Although competition is encouraged, it is done in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
* There are jobs, such as timekeeping, that parents can participate in, but it’s not all work. Adults can also participate in races. The children seem to enjoy the added competition, to better the times set by an adult or parent.
* A reasonable season membership fee is payable, but prospective competitors can come along one Friday night and participate without charge, to see how the club operates and enjoy the atmosphere.
MILTON FAIR ON THE GREEN
* We have an annual Fair, usually in October.
* The Fair is very much a school and local community event, with numerous rides and activities, great food, raffles, auctions and entertainment. All classes participate in the entertainment in some way.
* The Fair relies heavily on parent/ carer volunteer help. If you would like to assist, please contact us on the above email address.
MOSHC – Milton Outside School Hours Care
* MOSHC runs from 7.00am till 8.45am in the morning and 3.00pm till 6.00pm at night.
* Children must be booked in before attending.
* Vacation care over the holidays.
Contact MOSHC directly for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Your assistance with one or more of the P&C’s activities listed above is always needed and appreciated.
The P&C Executive